Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Beauty in Winter

IMG_7565


When I think of winter…
I think of the fresh white powder that covers everything like a blanket…
I think of the glistening icicles that are constantly stretching down towards the ground…
I think of the bright blue sky that seems to blend into its surroundings…
I think of the never-ending chill that runs up and down my spine.



IMG_1067

I am not really a fan of winter, primarily because I hate being cold…
but…
it’s hard to avoid the beauty in the colors that winter has to offer.

The way that the blues, greens, purples and whites all blend together in this magnificent dance… is not only amazing, but it is inspiring.


IMG_0556

This past year I have tried to focus on finding beauty in the boring… not only by taking pictures… but also by sewing.


Amy Butler has always been one of my favorite designers… the way that she combines floral and earthy designs in unique and colorful patterns is just so awe-inspiring.


il_fullxfull.320688833
   
Looking at all of the colors that go into the winter season… I have been able to find fabric that speaks to me and screams Minnesota Winter… these patterns have not only inspired my sewing style, but they have made me appreciate the beauty in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment