Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Finding Beauty in the Smallest Details

I love nature and her beautiful canvas.
The way that she sounds…smells… and feels…
is ever-changing and perfect.


 
Life is busy… it is chaotic… it is stressful.

If I have learned anything these last three-years, it is that life is precious and can be gone in the blink of an eye.

Even though we live in a fast paced… intense working world… it is important to stop every once in awhile and just look around.

As I look back on my childhood… I have realized that almost all of my favorite memories are the ones that I have outside. When I close my eyes I can still smell the purple lilacs in my parents backyard… I can feel the cool breeze against my cheeks… I can see the small robins splashing in the bird bath as they do their afternoon dance… I feel like an innocent child all over again.


I have always loved taking photos, but after I had my son Owen, I started taking them everyday. It was not until I picked up a camera and had the time to stop and enjoy life… that I noticed beauty in the smallest details.

There is beauty in:
the trees as they sway back and forth…
in the small creases of a toddlers hand…
in the texture of the rocks that line a creek bed…
in the color of the flowers as they bloom in early spring.

Every time I take a picture I try to look at my surroundings from a different angle… I try to find the things that people would usually overlook.

These pictures have inspired me to create wonderful portraits, greeting cards, calenders, makeup bags, scarves, and canvases… all of which reflect a moment in time where I felt embraced by nature.


This week I challenge you to slow down… step outside… and look around. I guarantee you will see beauty all around you… even in the smallest details.


No comments:

Post a Comment